Sappi is constantly expanding and revising its portfolio. The latest product innovation: Sappi Seal is a packaging paper with integrated heat sealability implemented as a dispersion coating on the reverse side. It can replace papers with PE coating and additionally has an acceptable moisture barrier against water vapour. Sappi Seal also guarantees impressive printing results. At this year’s FachPack, interested visitors could have a look at the wide range of applications at Stand 9-260. From tea to sugar packaging and much more – everything is possible.
Sappi has also optimised its Guard family of products for even better food protection. Depending on the requirements of the product to be packaged, the manufacturer and its customer jointly select the suitable Guard paper from the comprehensive range, for example, Sappi Guard OHG high-barrier paper. Customers have come to rely on Sappi’s consulting capabilities, resulting from experience gained over many years operating as a global manufacturer. Sappi will be demonstrating this collaborative capability at its stand, with various application examples, including cereal packaging, tea and confectionary, from well-known globally active to regional food producers etc.
Sappi Guard barrier papers:
- depending on version, with excellent barrier properties against grease, oxygen, water vapour, mineral oil and aroma heat sealability available for the most part
- recyclability in paper-waste-stream
- depending on version, available with 75 to 125 g/m² in rolls
- excellent sealability and printability
- suitable for all packaging in the food and non-food sector
- available with 67 g/m² in rolls recyclable in paper-waste-stream
Caption: Sappi is a leading supplier of innovative barrier papers that are characterised by their versatile functions and, to a large extent, additional sealability. (Image: Sappi Europe)