- 200 leading brands from the forestry, woodworking and furniture industries will be participating in the event.
- CONAFOR and Reforestamos will be representing the forestry industry with sustainability and training initiatives.
- Winners of the Makers for Good @ MEM Industrial 2020 makeathon, the Furniture Design Awards and the Environmental Protection Awards will be presented with their prizes at the event.
MEM Industrial Director Azul Ogazón today announced at a meeting with industry leaders and international press correspondents that this year’s edition of MEM Industrial, the country’s leading woodworking and furniture tradeshow, will be a landmark event with the presence of 200 leading brands and an unprecedented agenda focused on sustainability, forging closer ties between designers and industry and innovation in surfaces.
MEM Industrial 2020 will take place on January 22-24 at Centro Citibanamex in Mexico City. The venue will remain open from 11 am through 7 pm and admission is free of charge. In keeping with its main themes, this year’s edition will feature:
- Partnership with CONAFOR. The National Forestry Commission (CONAFOR) has embarked on a long-term strategic partnership with Hannover Fairs México to find sustainable development solutions for Mexico’s forestry industry.
- Partnership with Reforestamos. These efforts will be shored up by an agreement with the civil organization Reforestamos, helping create a sense of community and an inclusive professional platform accessible to all actors in the forestry industry.
- Environmental Protection Awards. These will be presented at MEM Industrial 2020 by the National Timber Industry Chamber (CANAINMA)
- Makers for Good @ MEM Industrial 2020 makeathon. MEM Industrial 2020 will also be making a concerted effort to connect local talent, creativity and design with industry with the Makers for Good @ MEM Industrial 2020 makeathon. A collaborative effort between Hannover Fairs México, Fablab Impact and Fablab DF, 20 artists, designers and industrial engineers were shortlisted to participate in this platform and were provided with the technology, tools, materials and machinery needed to build their wooden furniture prototypes, which will be on exhibit at MEM Industrial 2020. The winner will receive a trip to Germany.
- Organized by the Mexican Association of Suppliers of the Woodworking and Furniture Industry (AMPIMM), winners of the third edition of the Furniture Design Awards (PREDIM), who hail from some of the country’s top industrial and interior design schools, will have their projects exhibited at the event.
- SURFACE INNOVATIONS
- Conferences and workshops. Parallel to the exhibition, MEM Industrial 2020 will be organizing a free educational program featuring keynote conferences, workshops and conversations with internationally renowned experts on relevant topics, including innovations in surfaces.
MEM Industrial is organized by Hannover Fairs México, a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe of Germany. The event has the support of the Mexican Association of Suppliers of the Woodworking and Furniture Industry (AMPIMM), the European Federation of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers (Eumabois) and German’s Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (VDMA).
Some 7,000 professional buyers and 200 leading brands will be participating in MEM Industrial 2020, which will boast 14,000 square meters of exhibition space.